rename of vendor-specific interface?
Denis Kenzior
2018-10-23 15:02:28 UTC
Hi Giacinto,
Dear all,
is it possible to rename the .cinterion.HardwareMonitor interface to
.gemalto.HardwareMonitor ?
We have no formal policy about the stability of vendor specific APIs.
So there's nothing preventing you from changing this. But it might not
be nice to simply remove this interface in case someone is actually
depending on it. So you might want to consider exposing both versions
(at least for actual Cinterion modems) for a few releases.
If not, can I keep the old one answering on DBus 'not implemented' for
all methods?
That's pointless
Can I add both?
That is what I would do, with a plan for removing cinterion version in a
N releases (or 6 months or so) to give people a chance to upgrade.

Regards,
-Denis